- RELIGION - "You better pray that comes out of the carpet."
- TIME TRAVEL - "Keep it up & I'm going to knock you into next week."
- LOGIC - "Because I said so, that's why."
- FORESIGHT - "Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."
- IRONY - "Keep crying & I'll give you something to cry about."
- OSMOSIS - "Shut your mouth & eat your supper."
- CONTORTION - "Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck?"
- STAMINA - "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
- WEATHER - "Your room looks like a tornado went through it."
- CIRCLE of LIFE - "I brought you into this world. I'll take you out."
- GENETICS - "You're just like your father."
- ENVY - "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parent's like you do!"
- ANTICIPATION - "Just wait 'til your father gets home!"
- RECEIVING - "You're gonna get it when I get home!"
- MEDICAL SCIENCE - "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way."
- WISDOM - "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
- JUSTICE - "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
- ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY - "The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight because your body & your fat have become best friends."
- GREEK LANGUAGE - "The Roman numerals for forty are XL."
- ANIMAL LOYALTY - "Birds of a feather flock together, then they crap on your car."
July 20, 2012
20 Life Lessons My Parents Taught Me
We've all seen these humorous life lessons floating aimlessly on the web before and this one is no different. However, as a mother to a lovely teenage daughter, I can't help but be reminded of these '20 Life Lessons My Parents Taught Me', every single day. Primarily #17.